Monday, June 15, 2009

Life goeth on

I'm only 6 months into retirement....can't be, it seems like I've been away from hospitals 2 years. And do I miss it? When I accompany Gary to visit someone, I feel a nauseated feeling as I pass the nurses' station, see an infusion pump in the hall, see a latex-allergy cart outside a patient's room, or hear the nurses evade questions that would be Hippa violations. I wish I never had to see the inside of a hospital again. But church members appreciate a visit from the preacher and he doesn't like to go without me. Figure that one out.

Church? I love church and I love Jesus. Control of things within the church means nothing to me. I'll do anything for anybody within my scope. Does everyone feel that way? NOT. It's amazing what power, or lack thereof, can do to a person. And it's unbelievable how vindictive someone can be when they lose that power. It can change a friend to.....an enemy(?) for want of a better word.

No comments: