Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ups and Downs

A few years ago, I told Gary "Small churches stay small". He took this as an insult, a challenge, a slam....and it truly wasn't meant to be. Small churches are great! They serve a segment of the people that couldn't be satisfied in a mega-church. Fellowship is sweeter, prayers are extra-vital, songs are heartfelt, and problems are more gripping. It does make one wonder, though, WHY would satan be interested in a small church when he could go after more trouble in a large one? I guess he likes to see the tempers flare.

I'm very shy and it has taken me awhile to feel comfortable speaking at Cedar Mount. I had let someone intimidate me before and today I could kick myself. Not that I can "speak" publicly, but I can open my mouth without trembling.

No comments: