Saturday, January 20, 2007

Dreams

It's funny how dreams change.
Once I thought all my dreams would come true if I became thin.
I became thin twice and they didn't pan out; I think that's why I'm having such a hard time losing weight now.

A few years ago my dream was to have two daughters-in-law who would be my pals. Actually now, one of them is; the other one resents not only me but almost everything else. Then I dreamt of having a granddaughter who would be my close side-by-side angel and I get this wild little elf/gnome that only wants to wrestle and fight and romp with her grandfather or maybe destroy her room or even leave dirty words on a stranger's answering machine. Still, I have hope for this one because she IS learning to see what she can get out of different people. Maybe some time in the future she'll think of something to use me for and I can sneak a little affection from her.

And I dream.......now of a gondola ride in Venice or watching the changing of the guard in London.......or having one of those pictures made of me tilting sideways on a parallel with the Leaning Tower.....or seeing the Dome of the Rock before it gets torn down......or seeing a zebra in the wild....but may as well look forward to watching Gary eat a steak at the Peddler in Gatlinburg.

I'd love to see my grandchildren enjoy Disney World but the very thought makes my joints ache. I saw my own children and am thankful for that.

I dream of going to Heaven but that one's a sure thing, eventually.

No comments: